Techstars Startup Weekend is a 54 hour event that brings together Surat designers, developers, entrepreneurs, and experts from all domains to network and unleash their inner entrepreneurial spirit!
All Techstars Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and embark on a three-day frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekend culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback!
Read through these 7 things that justify that a revolution happened in Surat Startup Weekend 2017 :
1. In the dynamic duration of 54 hours, we saw some too-hard-to-believe startup ideas which could give anyone a serious ‘I need to do something’ attitude. Hitarth Sheth, 14 year old founder of Appify, reminded us that age is just a number and it is always the right time to follow your dreams.
2. While other organizations take more than 3 months to organize a large scale event like SW, we managed to pull off the entire event in just 50 days. Our determination and team work convinced the Techstars to give us a green card to proceed. Marking our first achievement even before the event was started.
Facilitators like Mr Jatin Kataria & Arun Philips graced our event and brought a new wave of enthusiasm to the occasion.
3. 3 Golden Rules by Mr Mukul Goyal, the key note speaker of the event, owner of Stratefix Consulting.
– Being alone can never fetch you anything.
– A collaborative spirit can take you a long way.
– Don’t miss the fun while starting up.
He gave us some fresh startup goals we all need to get, set and going.
4. All the participants got the freedom to build their own team based on voting. While they were sharing their startup ideas, they also got guidance from the mentors having expertise in different fields.
5. The teams were pitch-ready on the last day and the mentors added up to their inspiration to successfully bring their idea into motion. Leaders like, Abhishek Mittal, Aditya Bajaj, Amit Mehta, Amit Patel, Ashvin Sawan, Dhruv Gupta, Ishita chugh, Meghavi Vyas, Nishit Jariwala, Rupesh Jhavar, Sangita Agrawal, Sumit Bhatia,and Yash Chawla pushed their leadership quality.
6. Amidst all this serious stuff happening, we didn’t let the fun have fun alone. With engaging activities like beat boxing, bonfire, living library and stand-up comedy, each and everyone felt like the part of a perfect family rather than just a participant of the event.
7. Some ideas from the event which came into reality are still breathing and we are proud to give them a platform at its inception.
Explara, a prominent ticketing platform is one of the Startup Weekend Product.
Well, let’s not reveal anything more because we want you to experience it yourself.
Register here for the second edition of SSW happening on 26th, 27th, 28th January 2018.